Saturday, February 4, 2017

#AuthorInterview with SciFi Author Adera Orfanelli

Science Fiction writer Adera Orfanelli is my interview guest today. What does a science fiction writer have in common with a chicken? Read on and find out! 


Why did you choose this genre?

I love science fiction and have from a very young age. This serial actually began some time ago as part of a website that has since closed down, and I love the episodic feel of a serial, much like watching episodes of a beloved television series.

Do you have any unusual writing habits?

I tend to write when I can. So for example, when I worked at a major bank, I used to write in the 30-60 seconds between calls. I literally crafted some of my work a sentence at a time. I’ve cultivated the habit of being able to write whenever I have the opportunity.

What genre have you never written that you’d like to write?

I’d love to do some steampunk or alternate history.

Did you always want to be a writer?

Yes, as a teenager my career goals were to write romance novels and work on a horse farm. Well, I live on a homestead with 3 horses, which means I made it, I guess.

Do you work on more than one book at a time?

I tend to work on a couple of different projects at once, though usually they are in separate genres like fiction and nonfiction.

Tell us a bit about you. Where do you live, and how long have you been writing?

I live on a homestead in the Ozarks right on the Missouri/Arkansas border and I’ve been writing for over twenty-five years and I’ve been published for fifteen of those (more if you count numerous newsletter/magazine publications.)

If writing is your first passion, what is your second?

Chickens! Seriously, I run a website called charmedchicken.com, which is under some renovations, but is my farm-to-table advocacy site. I love my chickens. They provide laughter and breakfast. I consider them my stress relief.

Do you have another occupation, other than writer? If so, what is it? Does it help you with your writing?

I am a technical goddess. I’ve done technical support for about a dozen years and currently work as a virtual assistant to authors and entrepreneurs through my company Unscramblet Author Solutions. (www.unscramblet.com). I also have My Author Home, which offers free websites to authors (www.myauthorhome.com) as well as numerous promotional opportunities. I love the technical side of things and it allows me to work a different part of my brain from writing, yet I’m still able to help authors.

How can readers reach you or find you online?

Facebook: http://fb.com/mwaowmk
Twitter: http://twitter.com/mwaowmk
Website: http://marywinter.com

What’s your tagline? Why did you choose it?

For my main pen name, Mary Winter, my tagline is Seasons of Passion, and it’s something I’ve used for many years playing off the seasonal nature of my last name.

Do you have an event coming up you’d like to tell us about?

On February 19, I have a free webinar on having a storefront on your website to drive sales to your page. You can register for this free event here: https://charmedchicken.webinarninja.co/my/wnwebinarlist/index?webinar_id=52285

Book release:
The Tobine Chronicles: Episode 3
In the battle to save the planet she loves, one woman must discover the truth about her past, and if she has the strength necessary to not just save Tobine–but rule.

Episode Three - As Tenni learns more about the Vilos' plans, she wants nothing to do with the frog-like creatures. With the slave Kavin, she begins to make plans to escape only to discover that she's been given a horrible twist of fate.

Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Tobine-Chronicles-Episode-3-ebook/dp/B01N0IR2JV/
My website: http://marywinter.com/shop/tobine-chronicles-episode-3/

2 comments:

  1. this can come up with the strength and appearance you're seeking out.do not cut out carbs whilst constructing muscle. they may be important for extra electricity throughout http://t-rexmuscleadvice.com/alpha-monster-advanced/

    ReplyDelete