Sydney Winward makes her first appearance today at Journeys with Jana and I'm thrilled to have her. Her paranormal romance, BLOODBORN, sounds like the perfect conflict; a vampire who falls in love with a vampire hunter. Welcome Sydney!
5 Things Adam Degore Can’t Live Without
1. A weapon. Doesn’t matter what kind. Sword, dagger, nails. Heck, he could probably even kill someone with a twig if he was determined enough.
2. A second weapon. In case the first weapon doesn’t work. But of course, he’d need to conceal this one. In his boot. Beneath his armor. Maybe even inside his glove. You can never be too careful.
3. His horse. Doesn’t have a name. Doesn’t need one. The blood hunter brand on the creature’s shoulder speaks for itself. If you steal his horse, he will hunt you down.
4. Several reliable herbs. Violet brittlebrush to knock a man out. Wolfsbane to stop lycanthropy just in case. Perhaps even a few healing herbs. Being a blood hunter is dangerous work after all.
5. His brother. Everything he has done up until this point has been for his brother. Becoming a blood hunter. Dedicating his life to hunting dark creatures. If only saving him was within his own reach.
Quick 5 About the Author, Sydney Winward:
Favorite Show to Binge Watch?
Merlin! This show was made just for me, I swear.
I’m Always Ready For…
...rollerblading. I’ve got a pair of rollerblades in the car at all times. Not to mention the ones in my closet. Or the ones in the kitchen…
When I’m Alone, I…
...dance in the kitchen with music. Unless my toddler catches me. Then I dance with him XD
Country Life or City Life?
Country all the way. I love the open fields, the horses, the goats, the stray cats.
Movies: Romantic Comedies, Thriller, or Horror?
Romantic comedies. Can never get enough!
Adam Degore's personal need to find a cure for vampirism drives him to ensnare a vampire, but the creature he captures is Dracula's daughter. Worse yet, he's drawn to her—a monster he's vowed to kill.
Despite her father's wishes, Willow chooses to live among humans instead of the vampire conclave where she would be safe. She wants a life filled with more than shadows. Being captured by a human, not to mention falling in love with one, is not part of her plan.
With vampires and blood hunters closing in on their chosen prey, Adam and Willow need to trust one another. But will that trust come in time for them to survive and find a future together?
“How could you?” she gasped, taking another step backward, but to back up much further would result in falling over the edge of the cliff and into the holy waters below. However, he was blocking her escape, a menacing sword close to penetrating her skin. Any false move would result in an iron sword through her heart. “How could you take me here?”
“I couldn’t tell you,” he answered, his voice thick with emotion. “It’s the only way. It’s the last thing I could do. For Zachariah.”
She felt numb. After everything that had happened between them, he still meant to kill her? But he was her mate. Mates were supposed to look after one another.
“Don’t do this,” she whispered, taking yet another step backward but stopping in her tracks when the roaring of the falls crashed into her ears like the loud toll of a bell signaling a vampire getting burned at the stake.
She would meet the same fate, except the only audience she would have was Adam and it was holy water instead of fire. She didn’t know which was worse. “I care for you, Adam. I want you to give me a chance.”
“I don’t have a choice. I need my brother back. He’s the only family I have left.”
About the Author:
Sydney Winward was born with an artistic brain and a love of discovery for new talents. From drawing to sewing to music, she has loved to explore every opportunity that comes her way. At a young age, Sydney discovered her love of writing and wrote her first book at twelve years old, and since then, she hasn’t been able to stop writing. Her active imagination and artistic mind take her away to different worlds and time periods, making every new story a fantastic adventure. When she is not writing (or fawning over animals in the neighborhood) she spends time with her husband and children at home in Utah.