Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Luanna Stewart and LOVE AND REDEMPTION

Luanna Stewart joins me today for a look at LOVE AND REDEMPTION, her historical romance from The Wild Rose Press. I think this story is extra special because it's set in Canada! Luanna put a twist on the Quick Five by posing the questions to her character Finton Morash, the hero of LOVE AND REDEMPTION. Thanks for being here today, Luanna!



Blurb:

Mary Taylor abandoned her silk gowns and sparkling jewels when she quit her position as one of London’s highly prized courtesans. She’s determined to earn her living with a paintbrush rather than between the sheets. Starting fresh in a new country, she masquerades as a widow running a tearoom in Halifax while perfecting her art. But when she’s hired to finish the portrait of a handsome judge, she risks everything by surrendering to her lustful craving.

Finton Morash, youngest judge on the Queen’s bench, believes people are either good or bad. The dowdy widow painting his portrait is surely one of the former. After discovering the sensual beauty hiding beneath shapeless gowns, he wonders at her other secrets.

When whispers circulate about Mary’s nefarious past, she must find the courage to face the consequences. And Finton must decide whether love is worth the risk.

Excerpt:

He closed the window and turned, catching her around the waist. “I can’t stop wanting you.”

“So you rode here—”

“I walked.”

Her brows rose. “Heavens, all this way?”

“I wanted time to change my mind. Except that didn’t happen. I’m not sure a journey of a hundred miles would be far enough to change my mind.”

“If you stay…”

“If I stay?” He dipped his head and began kissing her neck, pushing her robe aside so he could taste her shoulder.

“I’m not sure what you want or what I can give.”

Luanna asks Finton five questions about some of his favorite things. We learn much about the man through the things he enjoys!

Luanna: Favourite colour?
Finton: Shortly after joining the law firm where I began my career, Maddie, one of my sisters, made for me an embroidered waistcoat in a striking shade of royal blue. The care and labour and love that went into its creation make royal blue my favourite colour. Unfortunately the passage of time has added a few inches to my waist and I can no longer wear the waistcoat, but it hangs in my closet and gives me joy whenever I see it.

Luanna: Coffee or tea?
Finton: As a boy in Lunenburg, we couldn’t afford the luxury of coffee. I recall one instance when we were at Captain Zwicker’s house for a children’s party during the summer. It was one of those perfect days that stick in the memory. The adults were served coffee and my mother made such a face that I had no desire to taste it. Not until I’d lived a few years in Halifax did I try coffee for myself and grew to appreciate the taste. I much prefer tea, however, particularly on a cool damp day.

Luanna: Pie or cake?
Finton: Am I allowed both? My man Jackson is famous for his piecrust and makes the best blueberry pie I’ve ever tasted. But he also bakes a delicious spice cake that is the perfect antidote to a raw, winter wind.

Luanna: Chocolate or caramel?
Finton: If by chocolate you mean hot chocolate, the drink, and by caramel you mean toffee, then I’d choose toffee. Hot chocolate is either too bitter or too sweet for my taste, depending on who has prepared it. Toffees were a special treat when I was a child and they recall to mind lazy summer days, after the chores were done, of exploring rock pools and adding to my seashell collection.

Luanna: When I’m alone I…
Finton: Enjoy reading. From my earliest days I’ve filled hours with my nose in a book. We had very few books in our house and I read them all many times, to the point I had passages memorized. Our village school had a small library but it wasn’t until I entered Dalhousie College that I was able to read as much as I wanted. Now that I have the where-with-all, I’m a frequent visitor to The Book Room, my favourite bookshop in town.

Buy Links for LOVE AND REDEMPTION:

Amazon US https://www.amazon.com/Love-Redemption-Luanna-Stewart-ebook/dp/B07NYFQXGN

Amazon CA https://www.amazon.ca/Love-Redemption-Luanna-Stewart-ebook/dp/B07NYFQXGN

Amazon UK https://www.amazon.co.uk/Love-Redemption-Luanna-Stewart-ebook/dp/B07NYFQXGN

Amazon AU https://www.amazon.com.au/Love-Redemption-Luanna-Stewart-ebook/dp/B07NYFQXGN

Nook https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/books/1130823749?ean=2940161420393

Kobo https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/love-and-redemption


Author Bio:


Luanna Stewart has been creating adventures for her imaginary friends since childhood. As soon as she discovered her grandmother's stash of romance novels, all plots had to lead to a happily-ever-after.

Luanna writes full time, concentrating on sexy romantic suspense, steamy paranormal romance, and spicy historical romance.

Born and raised in Nova Scotia, Luanna has recently returned to the land of her birth with her dear husband and two spoiled cats. When she's not torturing her heroes and heroines, she’s in her kitchen baking something delicious.

Social Media Links:

Website: http://www.luannastewart.com/

BookBub: https://www.bookbub.com/profile/luanna-stewart

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Luanna_Stewart

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LuannaStewartAuthor/

Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/luannastewart/

Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/14104212.Luanna_Stewart

Amazon Author Page: www.amazon.com/author/luanna_stewart

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for letting me hang out with your readers today, Jana!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this book and of course, love to hear more about Finton, who is a delicious hero :-) Curious - how did you come up with his name?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Deb, thanks for stopping by. His name came to me whilst I was watching a British game show. One of the contestants, a guy from Wales, was named Fintan. I was afraid my hero's name would be pronounced fin-taan so I changed the spelling to Finton.

      Delete