Friday, January 27, 2017

#AuthorInterview with Robin Leigh Morgan

Robin Leigh Morgan says she's an author who doesn't want to be pigeon-holed; she writes in several genres. I love her versatility! Welcome to Journeys with Jana, Robin!



Where did you get the idea for your debut romance novel? Why did you choose this genre?.

My writing “I Kissed a Ghost” I would say is due in essence to my watching “Casper the Friendly Ghost” cartoons as a child of the 1950’s, as well as the movie of the same name. And the reason I wound up writing my first romance as a MG/YA Paranormal is that I had belonged to a writing group where one of its member, seeing I’ve been having a lot of difficulty in writing a Contemporary romance suggested I write for a younger audience.

What was the most difficult thing about writing this book?

I would have to say it had been trying not taking “side trips” away from the storyline I had in mind. Side trips which I thought had been interesting but which I had to remove later in a self-editing of my manuscript because it didn’t really move the storyline forwards.

What do you want readers to come away with after they read your book?

I’d like them to remembering their special experience really kissing a boy for the first time.

What genre have you never written that you’d like to write?

Becoming an author I didn’t want to pigeonhole myself in writing only in one genre. So as my second book I wrote an anthology of 100 Flash Fictions, where the vast majority consists of only five sentences, which I aptly entitled “Micro Fiction – An Anthology.”

Going forwards I’ve got three W.I.Ps which I’m currently working on: an adult Contemporary novel entitled “His Darkest Secret,” a MG/YA Urban Fantasy novella entitled “The Secret of the Well”[which is a standalone sequel to my first novel]; and stepping out of my comfort zone, I’m writing an Erotic Shapeshifting LGBST novella entitled “The Transformation.”


Did you always want to be a writer?

Prior to my writing romance I had written items for a community newspaper for several years.

Are you a plotter or a pantser?

I consider myself to be both, Like a sculptor I start with a framework of storyline points I want to hit, and then I proceed to flesh it out until I’ve got my final product.

What question would you like to be asked that I haven’t asked here?

That would have to be: “What advice would you give to an aspiring author?”  And my answer would be not to take any criticism from another author as criticism, take it as a form of guidance and support from one author to another.

Tell us a bit about you. Where do you live, and how long have you been writing?

I’m a retired NYCity employee who’s been married for 23 years, alas no children, and live in the NYCity metropolitan area. From the mid-1990’s and for about 11 years I’d written items for a community newspaper.

Do you have another occupation, other than writer? If so, what is it? Does it help you with your writing?

I’m a decently ranked Book Reviewer on Amazon with over 470 books. I also post all of my reviews on GoodReads and LibraryThing; in additional I post some of them on my two blog sites. [NOTE:  I do not accept requests to review books]  By reading the books of other authors, especially those who write romance, I see ways of improving my own writing endeavors.

Do you have any pets? Are you cat person or a dog person? Or are you into totally different pets, like goldfish? What do you like best about your pet?

My dear OH and I have always had cats, especially since they don’t allow dogs where we have lived. Besides, cats are much simpler to take care of, since you don’t have to walk them in all sorts of weather.


What genre is your favorite to read?

I have to be a little bias here. Since my writing genre is romance it would have to be romance. Although as a book reviewer I love to read practically any genre.

How can readers reach you or find you online? Tell us a little about your current work in progress.

The best place to find the answer as to who I am, my writing current endeavors, all of my internet links as well as links to buy my books, and several excerpts to my first now,  etc; is to go to
http://www.about.me/rlmorgan51

No comments:

Post a Comment