Friday, June 17, 2022

WARRIOR PRIEST by Kate Hill #onsale for #99cents!

Kate Hill visits today with her science fiction romance WARRIOR PRIEST. We learn a little more about Kate as she answers five quick questions about her likes and dislikes. WARRIOR PRIEST is on sale for .99 cents at Smashwords and Amazon until June 30. Welcome Kate!

Quick 5

- Coffee or tea?

Tea. For some reason, I’ve never been able to stand even the smell of coffee. It probably sounds strange. Almost everyone I know loves coffee. Personally, I’m a water drinker, but I also enjoy tea sometimes. I like plain black tea, or sometimes peppermint, orange spice, or lemon. I enjoy most flavors of tea.

- Movies: romantic comedies, thriller, or horror? Got a different favorite?

I’m a huge horror movie fan. I’ll watch any type of horror movie from any decade, from silent black and white movies to the latest releases. Some of my favorites are The Howling, A Werewolf in England, Psycho, Crimson Peak, and the Hell House LLC movies.

- Bubble baths or steamy showers?

Showers! I don’t like sitting in a bathtub. I like running water. 

- Chocolate or caramel?

Chocolate! My favorite is dark chocolate, but I’ll eat pretty much any kind of chocolate. Strangely, I’m not wild about chocolate cake, but a piece of chocolate or a brownie, I can’t resist! I also love chocolate chips in oatmeal cookies and banana bread. Chocolate chips make just about anything better.  

- E-book, paperback or audiobook?

I enjoy all three for different reasons. I love ebooks because no matter where I am, I always have a variety of books at my fingertips without lugging around a giant book bag.  Paperbacks are great for favorite books that I want to hold in my hands and physically turn the pages. They’re also great if you want to makes notes or highlight favorite quotes. I know you can make notes and highlight in some ebooks, too, but I like to have a physical copy of stories I love. When I’m going to sleep, I like to listen to audiobooks. To me, there’s a good reason for every type of book. I love books!


Blurb:

What happens when a warrior priest from a strict religion meets a free-spirited priestess from a new age commune?

Jade and Selena are as different as two people can be, but to facilitate an alliance between their worlds, they engage in a cultural exchange. With their galaxy in danger from a planet that wants to conquer or destroy all others, they realize the importance of their assignment, but it is difficult for a warrior priest and a nonviolent priestess to understand each other.

Selena is both attracted and appalled by his old school masculinity, and Jade is tempted to break his vow of celibacy until marriage due to his powerful desire for her. Will this unlikely pair not only find common ground, but unconditional love?


Excerpt:

At six feet three inches with a large build, Jade often considered his cell at the temple cramped. During his travels, he’d lived in caves, cottages, tents, and mud huts. He had even endured a Kimbrian prison camp. Still, he wasn’t fully prepared for Selena’s little house.

“It used to be a caravan,” she said. 

They removed their boots, left them on a rubber mat, and hung their coats on hooks near the entrance.

“Ned and Rayne helped me renovate it so that I’d have a little more space.”

“Ned?”

“Yes. Before joining the commune, he was a builder. Well, he still is. He’s been in charge of building many of our shelters and clinics all over Neidress. He’s super talented and smart.”

“I got that feeling.”

“He’s also great with his hands. He can build just about anything.”

“That’s a little surprising,” Jade admitted, picturing the plump, bookish priest.

“I know, right?” Selena chuckled. “It’s said that looks can be deceiving. Come on. I’ll put some wood on the stove. It’s freezing.”

While Selena walked to a small, old-fashioned iron stove toward the center of the house, Jade glanced around. The caravan was made for efficiency, but it had an almost storybook charm. It fit Selena perfectly, but Jade felt too big for the house.

“It’ll heat up fast in here.” Selena stood and brushed wood chips off her clothes.

“That’s a guarantee.” Jade smiled and stepped closer to take her in his arms.


Purchase Links:

On sale for $0.99 until June 30, 2022 at Smashwords and Amazon


Author Bio:

Kate Hill is a vegetarian New Englander who started writing many years ago for pleasure.

When she’s not writing, she enjoys reading, watching horror and action movies, working out, and spending time with her family and pets.



Social Links:

Website: https://kate-hill.com/

Blog: https://kate-hill.com/blog/

Newsletter: https://kate-hill.com/index.php/newsletter/

Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Kate-Hill/e/B002BLS7OW

BookBub: https://www.bookbub.com/authors/kate-hill

Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/16157.Kate_Hill

Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/katehillromancewritingandmore/_saved/

Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/katehillromancewritingandmore

Twitter: https://twitter.com/KateHillRomance



1 comment: