Friday, June 3, 2022

The Twenty-One Year Contract: #NewRelease by L.B. Griffin

 Lynn Griffin, who writes as L.B Griffin, is here today to give us a look at THE TWENTY-ONE YEAR CONTRACT, the prequel to her 20th Century romance/mystery SECRETS, SHAME AND A SHOEBOX. This UK author also tells us a bit about what makes her tick. Welcome Lynn!


Blurb: The Twenty-One-Year Contract

Only a simple shoebox, but with life-changing secrets…

Kathleen Gray—talented, a little wild, at times rebellious, but always popular—has a fun, easy life in rural Somerset, with a doting family. 

Suddenly, they are gone, everything is changed, and she has only Uncle Jack. Try as he might, he cannot be father and mother to her—he has a business to run and his own life to manage.

Kathleen takes a chance and becomes Kate Westfield, fending for herself in London, with a new life built on her hopes, dreams and new friends. She could hardly have imagined that one of those friends has a shoebox full of answers.

Excerpt:

After a glass of water, Jack made himself a cup of tea and returned to the job in hand. This was going to be much harder than he could ever have imagined.

Working deep through the night, Jack methodically sifted through volumes of paperwork until light inched its way through the curtain. Though he felt thoroughly ready for bed, he continued searching, his aim to find at least a smidgen of information about his niece. 

Randomly tidying up as he went, Jack noticed an encyclopaedia oddly extended over one of the top shelves. He tried pushing it back into place. It was jammed. It looked awkward. Pulling it out to check the depth of the book, he found a box file hidden behind. Upon the side panel was one word, capitalized in thick bold lettering: KATHLEEN As the hazy sunlight grew, puzzled, Jack pulled the curtains to lend natural light, took the file off the shelf, sat back in Henry’s chair, and looked inside…

Buy Links:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0971T3RGC

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0971T3RGC

mybook.to/twentyone


Author Lynn Griffin and her character Kathleen sat down for a short interview. First of all, let's ask Kathleen why she ran away.

“In a nutshell? I wanted to find my birth mother. But then there of course there was Uncle Jack. I absolutely adore him.  Since my parents died… he had to take care of me… I knew he needed to get on with his own life. He needed to settle down, get married, have a family of his own. He couldn’t do that with me around.”

Now let's ask Lynn Griffin to tell us about herself. What are your stories about?

Courage and survival. I’ve learned from so many people I’ve worked with and taught. I admire them and their courage.  They don’t see themselves in that way. But boy they sure are!

In real life what was your most embarrassing moment?

There are so many! Okay. I was 16. It was the early 70s, yes, I’m that old! Mini Skirts were still very much all the rage, (yes, I’m that old). I was stood in an Engineering workshop when my knicker elastic gave way and they dropped to the floor. I tried to control the urge to flee. Instead, I batted my eyelashes, (well I like to think I did), I stepped out of my knickers, bent down, picked them up and totally mortified scurried out the building as if holding a scarf. 

Do you travel to do research? Anything exciting happen?

I love travelling. Wherever I travel I learn, observe, pick up tips from the country or area and hold them for later. I’ve loads of stories but this one might interest you. I was on a cruise. Amazing to think, what luxury! It was a special wedding anniversary. It was midnight. We were going through the Straits of Sicily. The captain suggested we watch from the top deck. I felt like Kate Winslet. Husband behind me at the helm – well you get my drift. It was then, just as stars sparkled down; the boat tilted Port 45 degrees. Seriously. Chairs flew. Everyone screamed. I screamed the loudest! My husband, deafened by my roar, held his nerve and me, and said to stop fretting. The ship righted itself. Thinking it was all over, heart calming, the ship started to list starboard. Kate Winslet screamed for Leonardo. Then we righted again. All over. Back inside, breathing back to normal although there was a lot of damage, thankfully no one was hurt. My husband has started taking out plenty of insurance!

Author bio:

There is one thing that Lynn Griffin loves more than writing and research and that is her family. She also loves a good cup of tea and oh so tasty British strawberries! She also likes the occasional glass of fizz. She has always written around her full-time paid job, ‘after all with a growing family the bills had to be paid somehow.’

Lynn has worked a wide range of jobs, from school kitchens, cleaning, bar work, secretarial, social worker, to Lecturer. 

‘I was always considered the class dunce and believed it. No-one has the right to make you feel bad. I believe it’s the choices you make in life that makes the difference. It’s never too late to learn, change or grab that opportunity. If I can do it, then so can you.’

In 2020 she planned to ‘trek’ the world when the big bad invisible wolf reared its ugly head. So she submitted her debut Secrets, Shame, and a Shoebox, which was released worldwide in 2021 and speaks for itself. The sequel, The Twenty-One-Year Contract will be released worldwide late Spring 2022. Both books are standalone, but if you love Harriet, she will pop up in the Sequel. 

Find L.B. Griffin at the following:

Website: Blog: www.wifeinthewest.com

www.facebook.com/lynngriffinauthor

www.instagram.com/lynngriffinauthoruk/

www://twitter.com/LBGriffinAuthor/


6 comments:

  1. Thank you for hosting me Jana!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Secrets, Shame, and a Shoebox. I can't wait to read Lynn's next book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read other books and they are wonderful, hopeful, overcoming adversity reads!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the interview! I'm hope for many sales for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the interview -- I had to laugh -- and the book looks great, sooo interesting! All the best to you, ladies!

    ReplyDelete