Prolific author Peggy Jaeger has a new release in her Pride of Brothers series. She has 5 things to tell us about Aiden, the youngest Keene brother. Thanks for being here, Peggy!
5 things about Aiden Keene, hero of A PRIDE OF BROTHERS: AIDEN
1. He is the youngest of 4 brothers and as the youngest he gets teased the most.
2. He is a computer savant. His specialty is the financial end of cyber crimes. He can ferret out where the fraud originates with ease.
3. His best friend is his chocolate lab, Bronte. She’s also his service dog and as loyal as any best friend can ever be.
4. He survived a debilitating childhood illness. He was a small, sickly kid, so once the disease was discovered and treated, he grew 6 inches and gained 30 pounds in less than a year.
5. His two favorites words have 4 letters. One is home, the other rhymes with truck. He’s been missing both of late, since he’s been away from home on an assignment. But he plans to make sure he takes advantage of both asap.
Lexi Buckley wants answers about her younger sister's death. The police have labeled it a suicide, but Lexi doesn't believe it. Stymied in her investigation, she doesn't know where to turn next. After a chance encounter with a private investigator, she thinks her prayers have been answered.
Aiden Keane has never been an answer to a prayer before, but he agrees to help Lexi. A quirky combo of brains and beauty, the pixie blonde makes him feel things no professional ever should for a client.
When their investigation puts Lexi's life in jeopardy, her safety becomes his number one priority. The hard part is not falling for her.
Were you close with your sister?” Aiden asked.
Not the way we should have been. Not at the end.
“We had a sizable age difference between us. Almost ten years. I was the big sis. The oldest.” Her lips trembled when she pulled them into a sad line. Rolling her eyes she added, “The bossy one, according to her. She was the baby and took full advantage of her status from the moment she realized it.”
“And rightly so.” The corners of his eyes crinkled. “I’m the youngest of my brothers and I’ll can tell you with one hundred percent honesty, my oldest brother is the bossiest one of us. I think it comes with birth order. Although he takes his so called right uber-seriously. Especially at work.”
This time her grin was steadier. “What kind of business do you all own together?”
“We a run a private security company.”
“Personal bodyguards, if a client needs protection from something. Background checks for employers. Mostly we do investigations.”
“What, like private eyes? Like on television?”
He laughed. “Nothing so glamorous. The fast cars and hot babes are all fantasy. It’s a lot of boring research, computer work, and surveillance, but yeah, you could say I’m a private eye.”
Lexi’s entire mood turned on his words. The sorrow flew, the hurt dissolved. Even her nervous trivia-speak went dormant. She sat bolt upright, her knees bumping against the tabletop when she shifted. Excitement shot from her system as she turned her body, placed a hand across his forearm and declared, “Oh, my God. You’re the answer to my prayers.”