Sunday, July 27, 2014

Sneak Peek Sunday with Burning Love

Happy summer Sunday everyone! What could be better than a beautiful summer weekend? Perhaps a beautiful summer weekend spent with a good book!

Today on Sneak Peek Sunday, I'm featuring BURNING LOVE, my humorous paranormal romance. Here's a blurb:
After causing three cooking fires in her apartment, Iris Jensen finds herself evicted and homeless. She lands on Riley Benson's doorstep, looking to rent a room in the beautiful old home he's restoring. It's only for six weeks until Iris leaves Portland, Oregon for her new job on a cruise ship. Firefighter Riley knows firsthand what a bad tenant she can be. But he needs money to finish the work on the house he loves. And something about Iris pulls at his heart…
Meanwhile, in Heaven, two angels watch over the young lovers. Angelica and Hildegard work in Heaven's Relationship Division, where angels match mortals with their soul mates. The angels believe so strongly in Iris and Riley’s love that they break Heaven's rules to help them. Can the angels convince them their love will last a lifetime?
In this excerpt, Iris tries to rent a room from Riley. But this firefighter has seen first hand the destruction Iris can cause:

“No, wait.” Iris stuck her foot in the door, wincing when the heavy wood met her sneaker-clad foot. “I need to talk to you about the room you have for rent.”

Finally it made sense. He’d placed an ad in the paper offering a room for rent, hoping to bring in a little extra cash to finish renovations. So far he’d had no takers and he was getting a little desperate. But not that desperate. The idea of living with Iris, her bedroom just across the hall from his, made Riley break out in a cold sweat.

“You’re kidding, right? You want me to rent you a room? You caused three fires at your last place. I’d have to be out of my mind to let you anywhere near my house.”

“Look, I know I’m not ideal roommate material.” She took a step closer, her gaze imploring. “I just need a place to sleep and store my things for the next six weeks and then I’m leaving Portland.”

He couldn’t think with Iris so close. Hell, he could barely form a coherent sentence. The light floral scent of her perfume tantalized his senses, intoxicating him. Riley drank in the sight of her, from the bright turquoise scarf holding back her dark hair to the colorful skirt in shades of blue and green that swirled around her ankles. She reminded him of beautiful, exotic gypsy.

A gypsy who could steal his heart without a second thought.


Thanks for joining me today. I hope to see you next week! And now, hop on over to some more great sneak peeks!


2 comments:

  1. What a fun idea! This sounds like a page-turner : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the story concept! Trust me, sometimes my cooking would get me in trouble too!

    ReplyDelete