Author Pamela Thibodeaux is my guest today. Funny story: Pam and I discovered we'd given the male hero in our latest releases the same name - Garrett Saunders! I've never had that happen before! Neither of us knew until after the books were published. Great minds think alike, I guess! Make sure to comment to be entered into Pam's giveaway, and check the other stops on her blog tour listed below. Welcome Pam!
Thank you so much, Jana, for having me on your blog today with my new book, My Heart Weeps!
After thirty years married to the man of her dreams, Melena Rhyker is devastated by her husband's death. Relief comes in the form of an artist's retreat at the Crossed Penn ranch in Utopia, TX. She rediscovers a forgotten dream as her artistic talent flourishes into that of a gallery-worthy artist. Will she have the courage to follow the path she was destined to travel?
Garrett Saunders has been on the run most of his life. Abused and abandoned as a child, he escapes the clutches of a past filled with pain and shame, and hides from his calling as a Native American healer. His years as a CIA agent aid in overcoming his childhood and honing his talent and skill as a fine art photographer.
Follow their journey as two people who come from totally different backgrounds, but share gifts of gigantic proportions, find meaning and purpose in the Texas Hill Country.
At 6 p.m., she pulled into the carport, turned off the engine and laid her head on the steering wheel.
“Well, I'm home again. Made it through another agonizing eight hours or so, now to get through another night.”
Gathering every ounce of courage she could summon, she disembarked from her vehicle, retrieved the mail from the box beside the door, and entered the house. She thumbed through the envelopes and advertisements, then laid them on the table and poured a glass of juice. She reached for the bottle of over-the-counter pain reliever and froze.
It would be so easy to end this pain.
Oh, what an enticing thought. Just take a handful of pills and end it all. Would she wake up in heaven? Would Jesus meet her there? Would Jonathan? What about the kids or Mama—would they understand? Or would she destroy them? Where was the faith she claimed to have? Why was it failing her now?
My Heart Weeps is on sale for a limited time @ 99cents and FREE on Kindle Unlimited!
Purchase Link: https://bit.ly/MyHeartWeeps
Let's Play "Quick Five" with Pamela Thibodeaux:
- Favorite color? Hhmmmm that’s a little difficult as I love colors of almost every hue but if I had to pick I’d say Peach and Purple (not necessarily together LOL!)
- Favorite author? This one is EASY – without a doubt Nora Roberts! I love to read and I’ll try different authors on a regular basis. However, when I’m pressed for time and want to read something, I’ll reach for one of Nora’s books because I know I’ll be entertained, sometimes challenged and always satisfied.
- What song would best describe your life? On the Road Again… Although I hate to drag the roads (run errands) I LOVE to travel. So far (besides my home state of Louisiana) I’ve been to 22 states and not just passing through either. I’ve visited National Parks in TX, NM, AZ, CA, WA, MT, MN, ME, OR, FL, NC, and MI. I lived the dream of a lifetime touring Churchill Downs in KY & Boonsboro, MD (Nora Roberts’ town!). I’ve experienced the joy of hop on/off trolley tours exploring Boston MA and Savannah, GA, and visited Vicksburg, MS. I’ve also visited family or friends in OK, AK, TN, NY, SC and DE. Whew! I think I’ve listed them all so far LOL!
- Country life or city life? – Oh, definitely country! I’ve always been a country girl. I used to say I wanted to own 20 acres of woods with my house on the center five (cleared out of course). I love to fish and horseback ride and I walks in nature. I might enjoy a few nights on the town (in the city) but I r-e-a-l-l-y dislike traffic and noise and smog. Give me a meadow of wildflowers, a mountain view or a trickling stream and I’m one happy girl
- I love pizza with ... mushroom, pineapple and meat.
Award-winning author, Pamela S. Thibodeaux is the Co-Founder and a lifetime member of Bayou Writers Group in Lake Charles, Louisiana. Multi-published in romantic fiction as well as creative non-fiction, her writing has been tagged as, “Inspirational with an Edge!” ™ and reviewed as “steamier and grittier than the typical Christian novel without decreasing the message.” Sign up to receive Pam’s newsletter and get a FREE short story!
Social Media Links:
Website address: http://www.pamelathibodeaux.com
Face Book: http://facebook.com/pamelasthibodeaux
Twitter: http://twitter.com/psthib @psthib
Amazon Author Page: http://amzn.to/1jUVcdU
Pam is giving away 1 Ebook, 1 Autographed Print Book, 1 Audio Book, a $15 Amazon Gift Card, a 1-month Audible membership and a SURPRISE Giftpack to 6 lucky people! (1 prize per winner) Names will be collected throughout the tour which ends Sept. 30th. Winners will be notified, and prizes awarded by October 10th so be sure to leave your EMAIL Address!
Blog Tour Dates/Stops:
8/11 Gail Pallotta’s Peering Through Life’s Window
8/13 Liz Flaherty’ Word Wranglers Blog
8/15 Clare Revell’s The Word Can Wait Blog
8/18 Southern Writers Suite T Blog
8/18 Alina K Field’s Simply Romance Blog
8/20 Penelope Marzec’s Bookish Thoughts Blog
8/25 Jana Richards’ Romance Story Board Blog
8/27 Beverly Bateman’s BLOG
9/1 Valarie Goree’s Facebook Page
9/5 D. V. Stone’s Campfire Blog
9/9 Jacqueline Seewald’s BLOG
9/11 Linda Rondeau’s Snark & Sensibility Blog
9/14 Patricia Kioyno’s Four Foxes, One Hound Blog
9/18 Diane Burton’s BLOG
9/22 Alicia Dean’s BLOG
9/25 Jeny Hickman’s BLOG
9/30 Linda Nightingale’s Author…Musings Blog