Friday, November 15, 2019

Character Interview with Lesllie Bowes


Leslie Bowes is here with an interview with her characters from HEART HEALER. Take it away, Leslie, Catherine and Christopher!

Hello Everyone, my name Catherine Andrews and I’m Christopher King and we are from Leslie Bowes’ Heart Healer. We are so happy to be with you today.

Question: Are you an only child? How many siblings do you have? Are you close or are you estranged?

Catherine: I have a young brother James. I have been taking care of him from the day he was born because my mother died giving birth to him and my father did not want him.

Christopher: I’m an only child. My mom died when I was very young and my dad never re-married.

Question: Are you married? Are you divorced? How many times have you been married?

Christopher: I’m married to Catherine. She and I met after my first wife left me and my son Ryan.

Catherine: I was married to the most evil man Blake Von-Cycler. After he attacked me on our wedding night, I tried to kill myself by throwing myself into the river, but my mother sent me through time. That’s where I met Christopher and we were married soon after.

Question: If you could go back in time for one day, where would you go?

Catherine: That is a funny question because I have time-traveled. I’m from England in the 1860s. I time-traveled to 2014.

Christopher: And I went back in time to save Catherine.

Question: What is your greatest fear?

Christopher: That I will lose Catherine for good this time.

Catherine:  That somehow my late husband Blake will come back to life and find me.

Question: Catherine, since coming to the future, what kind of movies and books do you like?

Catherine: I like really Nicholas Sparks’ books and one of my favorite movies is The Notebook, but I have really got into the Twilight saga.

Question: Speaking of Twilight, Catherine, are you team Edward or Team Jacob?

Catherine: Team Edward.

Question: Catherine, what kind of clothes do you like to wear?

Catherine: My friend Emma has been trying to get me to wear jeans but I’m not there yet. I like to wear skirts and dresses.

Question: Is there anything you are hoping that Leslie does not put in The Choices for Love?

Catherine: My greatest fear coming true.

Christopher: Turns out we can’t trust the people we thought we could.

Thank you so much Catherine and Christopher for coming today and we can’t wait to see you in The Choices for Love.

Blurb, Heart Healer:

Catherine Andrews is an English woman living in the 1800's. Her father sells her to Blake Von-Clyer to be his wife to pay off his debts. Catherine soon finds out Blake is a cruel and horrible man.


On their wedding night, to escape his cruelty, she throws herself into the river. Death is better than marriage to a beast.

Christopher King is living in 2014 doing his best to raise his young son Ryan after his wife left him. One night, Christopher finds a woman in the river unconscious and barely breathing. She is also wearing old fashioned clothes. Christopher does everything in his power to help the young women. When Catherine regains consciousness, she finds herself in a strange and unbelievable situation. Terrified, she does her best to keep her guard up against Christopher. But as she gets to know him, she can't help but fall for the man who saved her life. When Catherine's dangerous past comes back to haunt her, it has Catherine and Christopher fighting for each other and their love.

Excerpt:

"That’s true, but I don’t need a servant. I need a wife.” 

Catherine dropped the spoon as her whole body shook. What was her father planning to do? Hard work? A wife? What was going on? She was not her father’s slave to trade as he wished. She was his daughter. Too nervous to turn around, Catherine prayed that she heard wrong. 

“What did you say?” her father asked, shocked. 

“You heard me.” Mr. Von-Clyer laughed. “You had no problem selling her to me as a servant Mr. Andrews, but now that I want her for my wife your conscience haunts you. What’s the difference? Either way your debt to me is paid.” 

“Catherine, get over here now!” her father yelled drunkenly. The longer she stared at the vein in her father’s neck; she realized that she was making him angrier than Catherine had ever seen before. She slowly walked over to the table and stood in front of her father. Her heart was pounding in her chest as she watched him drink his last bit of wine. “You will be Mr. Von-Clyer’s wife to pay off my debt.” 

Author Bio:


I was born and raised in southern Maryland. When I was thirteen I moved to Summerville, South Carolina where I fell in love with the Lowcountry culture and history. South Carolina was my inspiration for my book Heart Healer. Recently I moved to central Virginia, and now I am enjoying the beauty and history of this area. The rolling hills and pastoral views will surely inspire ideas for future stories.





No comments:

Post a Comment