Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Pamela Thibodeaux and CIRCLES OF FATE #EggcerptExchan



Pamela Thibodeaux is my Eggcerpt Exchange guest today, and she'd like to introduce you to one of her main characters. Take it away, Pamela!

Shaunna Chatman Taylor / Circles of Fate
1. Nickname: When I began working as a waitress at the Feed Trough CafĂ© at age sixteen, the patrons dubbed me “Shaunna Sweetness” that name stuck although it’s been shortened to just ‘Sweetness.’


2. Job: As I said, I waitressed for many years until my husband and I moved to Louisiana after which a friend and I opened a catering business called “Shaunna’s Sweets.” That business closed when we moved from the city of Thibodaux into the country but I still baked for my son’s class parties and a few private events.

3. Level of schooling, or self-taught: Other than high school I have no formal education.

4. Birthplace: I was born and raised in Georgia. My father was in the Army stationed at Ft. Benning, and my mom was very ill. She died the night of my high school graduation.

5. Currently residing in... Chauvin, Louisiana a community about thirty miles outside of Thibodaux.


Blurb, Circles of Fate:

Set at the tail end of the Vietnam War era, Circles of Fate takes the reader from Fort Benning, Georgia to Thibodaux, Louisiana. A romantic saga, this gripping novel covers nearly twenty years in the lives of Shaunna Chatman and Todd Jameson. Constantly thrown together and torn apart by fate, the two are repeatedly forced to choose between love and duty, right and wrong, standing on faith or succumbing to the world’s viewpoint on life, love, marriage and fidelity. With intriguing twists and turns, fate brings together a cast of characters whose lives will forever be entwined. Through it all is the hand of God as He works all things together for the good of those who love Him and are called according to His purpose.

Excerpt: 

“Promise me you’re sure or I won’t let you go.”

She would have to convince him or he’d never let her leave. She also knew he’d see through anything less than complete honesty.

“Oh, Todd,” she whispered, her voice urgent. “I wish it were that easy. I’m sure I have to try. But I want you to know something…” She hesitated, unsure how to say what she needed to say. “If things were different, if he weren’t so determined, if nothing was left between us, if I didn’t think there was a chance, I would stay.” Her eyes searched his for some sign he understood.

A ghost of a smile played around his sensuous lips, he nodded. “I know,” he whispered. “And I understand,” he said and gathered her close once more.

She should leave. Shaunna knew Joe waited for her, but was unable, unwilling, to end it, to end them, just yet. She held him firm in her embrace, committed the feel of his body to heart.

“I have to go,” she whispered, then clung, not yet able to turn him loose.

“I know,” he answered and tightened his arms around her. With a sigh of surrender, he stepped away, loosened his hold but rubbed her back and shoulders in a tender gesture. 

“Don’t look back,” he whispered then dropped his hands to his side, clenched his fists.

She saw the struggle in his eyes, felt it in her heart, as each fought not to grab hold and cling. They gazed at each other, read the naked truth in each other’s eyes.

Neither wanted to be the first to walk away.

Shaunna touched his face, traced his features…his eyes, his jaw, his mouth. A shiver shook her when he held her hand and pressed his lips to her fingertips.

“I almost wish we had made love the other night.”

Almost?

The word echoed between them like a silent scream. The despair in his eyes slashed her heart another degree. He shook his head, swallowed hard.

“Know this. If we had, you would not leave here today.”

She stroked his cheek, her smile tender, bittersweet. “Take care of yourself. Please,” she whispered then placed her mouth on his.

Lips met on a sigh, breaths mingled on a sob. Each of them committed the kiss to heart, and fought not to cling to the other. With a final touch, a last trembling smile, Shaunna did one of the hardest things she’d ever done in her life.

She left.


Purchase Links: 
B&N Print: http://bit.ly/1wA6DsH 
Smashwords: http://bit.ly/136qK7n 

Author bio: 

Award-winning author, Pamela S. Thibodeaux is the Co-Founder and a lifetime member of Bayou Writers Group in Lake Charles, Louisiana. Multi-published in romantic fiction as well as creative non-fiction, her writing has been tagged as, “Inspirational with an Edge!” ™ and reviewed as “steamier and grittier than the typical Christian novel without decreasing the message.”  Sign up to receive Pam’s newsletter and get a FREE short story! http://bit.ly/psthibnewsletter


Links:
Website address: http://www.pamelathibodeaux.com   
Twitter: http://twitter.com/psthib @psthib

6 comments:

  1. Thank you so much, Jana for hosting me and Shaunna today for Eggcerpt Exchange!

    Good luck and God's blessings
    PamT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading excerpts! Thanks so much for sharing from Circles of Fate today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much Emily for your support in dropping by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the character interview, Pam! :)

    ReplyDelete