Wednesday, January 25, 2012

I've Got a New Cover!

Hot off the press from my editor at The Wild Rose Press, may I present the cover of my next release, "Home Fires"! Here's a blurb:

Anne Wakefield travels halfway around the world for love. But when she arrives in Canada from England at the end of World War Two, she discovers the handsome Canadian pilot she’d fallen in love with has married someone else. Heartbroken, she prepares to return to London, though she has nothing left there to return to. Her former fiancé’s mother makes a suggestion: marriage to her other son.

Badly wounded and scarred during the war, Erik Gustafson thinks he’s a poor substitute for his brother. Although he loves Anne almost from the first time he sees her, he cannot believe she would ever be able to love him as he is – especially as he might be after another operation on his bad leg.  Anne sees the beauty of his heart. The cold prairie winter may test her courage, but can she prove to Erik that her love for him is real?

I've wanted to write a story about a war bride for a long time, and with "Home Fires" I finally got my chance. At 25,000 words it's the shortest novella I've written so far, and I found that length a real challenge. But I hope Anne and Erik's love story is one readers will connect with.

"Home Fires" is part of a new series from The Wild Rose Press called 'Love Letters'. Every book begins with someone getting a letter that changes his or her life. In my story, Anne receives a letter from her fiance telling her he's married someone else. This letter definitely changes the direction of her life!

No word yet on a release date. Hopefully, I'll find out soon!

3 comments:

  1. Lovely cover, Jana - and so nice to see this story 'in print'! Let me know when you have a release date so I can help promote :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cover, Jana! Can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! It's always exciting to get the cover art since it gives life to the story in my head. I'm hoping to hear about a release date soon and you'll be the first to know Janet!

    ReplyDelete