Just in time for Christmas, Constance Bretes presents THE CHRISTMAS BALLET. She answered some of my Quick Questions. It was supposed to be Five Quick Questions, but Constance answered them all. I couldn't decide which five to use so I used them all! Don't forget to enter the giveaway. Constance is giving away 2 $20 gift certificates.
The Christmas Ballet By Constance BretesConstance has 2 $10 gift certificates to Paparazzi Accessories to giveaway during the tour. Please use the Rafflecopter below to enter. Remember you may enter every day for your chance to win one of the prize packages. You may find the tour locations here https://goo.gl/taJJDH.
About The Christmas Ballet:
Laura Hemmingway cut herself off from men and her family when the man she loved married her sister. She moved across the country and was doing just fine until she received a devastating call to return to New York. She had to face the death of her sister, her sister’s little girl, Maria, and Maria’s father, Stefan—the man she had once loved. She figured she would pay her respects and leave as soon as possible. She never anticipated on the beautiful little girl stealing her heart. And she never expected that seeing Stefan again after twelve years would stir up old feelings.
Stefan’s life was complete. He had a successful career as an attorney, a beautiful wife and an adorable six-year-old daughter. Although he and his wife had been married in name only for the past several years, he cared for her deeply. Then her unexpected death brought him face-to-face with his former lover, and the guilt he’d carried for years.
Stefan is still in love with Laura and wants to give her everything she deserves. He and Maria are racing against time to convince Laura to stay with them in New York. Can a little girl’s love, and the true magic of Christmas, help Stefan convince Laura to stay and give their relationship another chance?
Content Warning: contains some sexual content Genre – Contemporary Romance Heat Level - Hot
- Amazon Buy Link: https://amzn.to/2qPPQWB
Connie's quick answers to Jana's questions:
- Favorite color? Dark blue, sometimes brown
- Favorite author? Victoria Holt, she was the first author to introduce me to romance.
- Beach vacation or sightseeing in the city? Beach vacation, but really, I'd rather be in the mountains.
- Coffee or tea? Coffee, lots of caffeine
- Water, pop or juice? Water
- Movies: romantic comedies, thriller, or horror? Got a different favorite? Comedies and Sci-fi
- What's your favorite show to binge watch? Last Man Standing
- Favorite song? Like A Rock by Bob Seger
- Pie or cake? What kind? Cake, white. Pie, Pumpkin
- Bubble baths or steamy showers? Steamy showers
- Chocolate or caramel? Both
- What song would best describe your life? I can see clearly now by Jimmy Cliff
- What's your secret guilty pleasure? I love playing card games on my iPhone
- Country life or city life? Country or mountain life.
- E-book, paperback or audiobook? E-book, I'd have to dedicate my living room as a library if I had all the books I got on my Kindle Fire.
- Satin, cotton, jersey, flannel - what's your favorite kind of sheet? cotton
- Party life or quiet dinner for two? Dinner for two
Fill in the blank:
- I love pizza with …(lots of onions).
- I'm always ready for …(going out to eat).
- When I'm alone, I …(read a lot of erotic romance).
He smiled as he thought about the look on her face when he’d stroked her. Maybe she was more interested in him than she either believed or cared to be.
Then he thought of something. “One more thing, Laura,” he called out to her, and she stopped at the door and turned around.
“On the nineteenth, the law firm is hosting the annual Christmas party. It’s quite grand and lasts all evening long.”
“You want me to be sure to be available to babysit Maria,” Laura said. “No. I want you to plan to come with me.”
“Remember that beautiful, green, velvet dress we saw at Macy’s? I want you to get that dress, and the accessories to go with it, and attend the party with me.”
“Stefan, really. You know I don’t go to those types of events, and I don’t wear those kinds of clothes. I’m not comfortable with either of those things.”
“You need to get comfortable.” He smiled.
“This is not a part of a job for the nanny and teacher. It’s out of the range of the job description. You need to get Ginger to go with you. I’m not going.” She gave him a defiant look.
“Laura, I want to take you to this event. I’m not taking no for an answer. I will arrange for Rhonda to take you shopping to help you get what you need. You will charge all the purchases to a credit card I will give you that’s for your use only. This is the first of many social parties you will be attending.”
He watched her as she clenched her hands into fists and released them.
“Who do you think you will get to care for Maria on these…occasions?”
“Usually Lillian is available.” “Stefan, it’s my job to care for Maria, not be your date to your parties. I don’t like being told what I will or won’t do. I don’t like social parties, and I don’t like wearing expensive clothes. It’s not me, and you’re not going to change me.”
“I don’t want to change you. I want you to attend an event by my side. It won’t hurt you to have some beautiful clothing to show your feminine side. I want the world to see the beauty I see. Be glad I want to show you off. Some men might decide they don’t want others to see what they see.”
“Flattery doesn’t work with me. You can tell me what to do as far as Maria is concerned, but my personal life is off limits to you.”
“That’s good to know. At least I know you won’t get carried away and escape my grasp by someone making flattering remarks to you. Your personal life interests me.”
“Stefan, you just don’t get it. I am not going to this party,” she said, enunciating each word slowly and carefully. “Besides, your mother would be horrified to see me walk in with you.” Her face hardened as she stared at him.
“Look at it this way—you’d be doing me a big favor.”
“How?” She raised an eyebrow.
“I’m not interested in the other women that come to this social party looking for an eligible bachelor. With you on my arm, it would send a clear message to all the others that I’m taken.”
“God, you’re impossible. Ginger is more than capable of providing you that kind of service.”
“I don’t want Ginger. You have the grace, quiet beauty, and finesse I want in a date, and I will not take no for an answer. After Maria’s recital, you and Rhonda will set a shopping date. And one more thing. When you get your hair done, I’d like you to wear it down.” He smiled at her.
“This is not going to happen.” She put her hands on her hips and glared at him.
“It will. I’ll just have Maria work on you.” He eyed her.
Stefan grinned. “You heard me. You’d never turn down anything from Maria.”
“Grrrr.” She growled and stomped up the stairs.
He laced his hands and put them behind his head. Oh yeah, it’ll be a night she’ll never forget.
About the Author: Constance Bretes is an author of contemporary romance and suspense. Her romance books are often set in different parts of the country, but her favorite site is Montana. She retired from the State of Michigan after 38-plus years of service and now writes and researches full time. She is married to her best friend and has recently moved from Montana to Alabama. Her hobbies include basket weaving, sapphire digging, and checking out old ghost towns. Constance's Social Links:
- Website: http://constancebretes.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/conniebretes/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ConstanceBretes
- GoodReads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/7737457.Constance_Bretes
- Email: email@example.com
- Beachwalk Press: http://beachwalkpress.com/constance-bretes/
- Instagram: #constancebretesauthor
- Amazon Author Page: https://www.amazon.com/Constance-Bretes/e/B00IKSKRES
a Rafflecopter giveaway