Saturday, September 7, 2013

My Sexy Saturday - Always a Bridesmaid


Happy Sexy Saturday! I'm back with another 7 paragraph snippet from "Always a Bridesmaid", Book 3 of my Left at the Altar series. "Always a Bridesmaid" releases from Uncial Press on January 17, 2014. 

In this scene, Zach comes to Dani's room to tell her she's the one he wants:

He cupped her cheek, his eyes searching hers. "Why do you do that?"

"Do what?"

"Make a joke or accuse me of being patronizing when I try to compliment you?"

Because I can't believe you mean it. "I know I'm not perfect, not in looks, not like Chantal. Far from it."

"Maybe I don't want perfect." His thumb traced lazy circles over the delicate skin under her eye. "Maybe I want sweet and kind and funny. Maybe I want someone who makes me laugh, and makes me believe happiness is possible."

She stared at him, his gaze rendering her immobile. She wanted to tell him not to say things like that to her, not unless he was very, very sure he meant them. Because if he didn't really mean it, she might not survive. But her heart lodged in her throat, making speech impossible. All she could do was pray that when he left her, her heart would still be in one piece.

Zach lowered his mouth to hers. His lips touched hers, softly, sweetly. She wanted more, so much more. She stepped closer to him, stretching on tiptoes to wrap her arms around his neck and press herself against him. His kiss changed in a heartbeat, consuming her, devouring her in a vortex of sensation and need. Nothing mattered except this moment with Zach in her arms.

Thanks for stopping by. Check out more sexy snippets at http://www.mysexysaturday.blogspot.com  

No comments:

Post a Comment