Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Interview with Liv Arnold, Author of LAW AND DISORDER

Liv Arnold sits down for an interview today. Liv's debut with The Wild Rose Press is LAW AND DISORDER, a humorous erotic novella. Great to get to know you, Liv!




Do you have any unusual writing habits?

I work full-time so I really need to push myself to write at nighttime. I give myself incentives – an ice-cream or junk food reward whenever I finish a page, or I treat myself with reading a chapter of a book. Anything to keep me motivated. Sometimes I use my phone as a timer where I nonstop write for twenty minutes. Amazing how much you can get done when you’re racing against the clock.

What do you want readers to come away with after they read LAW AND DISORDER?

Hopefully a lot of laughs.

When were you first published and how did that happen? Was it a long or short journey?

I networked with authors through social media and started a blog where I interviewed successful writers – I still do this. I learned so many amazing tips such as building my online presence, elevator pitches, and being persistent.

Initially I received multiple rejections from publishers. Sometimes with detailed feedback and requests for a revise and resubmit. I gotta admit, this stung every time. I wondered what I was doing wrong and if I was even any good at writing.

But so many author friends told me to keep persisting. So, I kept working on my craft, took on feedback and experimented with different story ideas.

I also followed a lot of publishers’ Facebook page. Sometimes they post about the type of stories they wanted to read. That’s when I saw a call out from The Wild Rose Press.

I thought no harm in giving this a crack. I whipped up a novella called Law & Disorder and sent my manuscript off. Six weeks later (I stalked my email inbox everyday), The Wild Rose Press replied with a contract offer. There was no acting cool on my part, and I emailed back my response filled with typos in my excitement to say ‘yes’.

Are you a plotter or a pantser?

Panster. I go wherever the characters take me, but I usually have a rough idea how my story will end. So, every chapter will lead towards this.

I wish I was more organised with plotting. Sometimes I spend so much time in front of a blank computer screen willing the words to come. My characters grow as I write – I don’t even come up with personality traits beforehand.

Tell us a bit about you. Where do you live, and how long have you been writing?

I live in Melbourne Australia with my husband Tim and my dog named Groot.
I used to write stories at school for fun, but I never thought anything would come of it. So, I did a degree that had nothing to do with writing and started a full-time job in the finance industry. My mum encouraged me to do a creative writing course at RMIT. It’s a short course that runs for 8-10 weeks for three hours a week after work. I loved every moment of the class and ended up doing three short courses. The teachers were so inspiring, and it was great to speak to like-minded people. I workshopped my stories in class and continued with them after the course finished.

Do you have any pets? Are you cat person or a dog person? Or are you into totally different pets, like goldfish? What do you like best about your pet?

My maltese shih tzu named Groot. He sits next to me while I write until he falls asleep. He’s so spoiled but I love him so much.

What genre is your favorite to read?

Romance. I love being swept away in the chemistry of the characters and the swoon worthy men.
I started writing romance because my husband plays computer games all night. I thought ‘why not invent my own book boyfriend’. I used to read out romance passages to him to give him a gentle nudge.

I read all types of genres though – young adult, thriller, murder mystery, fantasy etc.

How do you choose the names and physical characteristics of your characters? Do you base them on real people?

With my main male character for Law & Disorder, I based his name on good-looking men I’ve met. I completely made up what he looks like though.

How can readers reach you or find you online?

I would love to hear from you! Contact me on:
www.livarnold.com
www.facebook.com/livarnoldauthor
https://twitter.com/liv_au
https://www.instagram.com/liv_au
https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/18845019.Liv_Arnold
https://www.bookbub.com/profile/liv-arnold

Tell us about your next release.

I have a novel contracted with The Wild Rose Press called Etched in Stone. It’s a contemporary romance with a financial crime storyline. It should be out roughly late this year.

Here’s a little something about it:

Raw and romantic…Sensual and suspenseful.
Vanessa Lang is thrilled when she lands her dream job at investment company, Stone Corp. But when her kleptomaniac mother is on her last strike and faces a criminal record, Vanessa accepts a deal to find evidence of insider trading on her new employer.

On her first day, in walks the handsome Sebastian Stone, CEO and the man of her dreams. Determined to save her mom, however, she spies and gathers information about his business. But there's one small problem—she starts to fall in love with him.

How far would you go to protect the ones you love?

Author Bio:



Liv Arnold has worked as a copywriter for several global companies and now runs her own freelance business. She grew up in Melbourne, Australia, and lives with her husband and their spoiled dog, who only eats freshly cooked meals. When she’s not writing, Liv’s avoiding the gym, devouring a cheese platter, or marathoning way too much TV. And of course, she’s a massive book addict and often reads until all hours of the night.

Blurb, LAW AND DISORDER:

Lawyer Juliet Jackson has come head to head with Sergeant Jesse Burns on numerous occasions in court. He is provoking. Pigheaded. Punch-worthy. They don't get along. Not one little bit. The unfortunate fact he's also her next-door neighbor brings her loathing off the charts. But when Juliet's caught locked outside her home in nothing but a skimpy towel, she must swallow her pride and turn to Jesse for help. She doesn't expect the explosive chemistry between them and can't help but wonder if Jesse's as demanding in the bedroom as he is in the courtroom.

Excerpt:

His handsome face smirked before he averted his eyes and turned his head, but she could still see the profile of his face. His police uniform stretched across his chest. Wonder if that chest is chiseled underneath all those clothes.

Her ears burned hotter than chili sauce, spreading to her neck and chest. No point in putting on a mask this time, because there was no escaping this. Her fingers found the ends of the towel to cover her naked body, but her legs froze on the spot. “I got locked out of my house.”

“You got locked out of your house…naked?” A grin spread across his face, revealing the dimple on the bottom lip. She wanted to bite it but didn’t know if it was to hurt him or because of the temperature between her legs.

Scowling at his sarcasm, her fingers gripped the bricks of her house and she pulled herself up. “Yes. Why are you even here? Didn’t you have enough of me this morning?

“Never enough.”

Buy Links:

Buy Law and Disorder for 99 (US) cents:
Amazon Australia: https://www.amazon.com.au/Law-Disorder-Liv-Arnold-ebook/dp/B07NCK1QGF

Amazon US: https://www.amazon.com/Law-Disorder-Liv-Arnold-ebook/dp/B07NCK1QGF

Amazon UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Law-Disorder-Liv-Arnold-ebook/dp/B07NCK1QGF

Amazon Canada: https://www.amazon.ca/Law-Disorder-Liv-Arnold-ebook/dp/B07NCK1QGF

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/books/1130486349?ean=2940161416266

https://itunes.apple.com/au/book/law-disorder/id1453327500?mt=11

https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/law-disorder-7

No comments:

Post a Comment