Friday, September 21, 2018

#NewRelease from Viviana Mackade: HER MIDNIGHT SUN

Vivana Mackade joins me today to talk about HIS MIDNIGHT SUN which releases September 15, 2018. First, she answers five quick questions for us. Let's get to know Viviana!



Quick Five:

Water, pop or juice?
Water. Pops just make me thirstier–and vaguely nauseous. Juices have too much sugar in them, so unless I can make a fresh one (which I don’t because it takes a lot of work. Yes, I’m that lazy), I don’t drink them. So, it’s gonna be water, un-sugared herbal tea, or Margaritas.

Country life or city life?
Granddaughter of hazelnut farmers (hello, Nutella. In Europe, that’s made with hazelnuts my family, and others like us, farm), daughter of the town math teacher. Country girl through and through. Always have been, always will be.

Satin, cotton, jersey, flannel - what's your favorite kind of sheet?
Cotton. Actually, I love linen, but it’s hard to find sheets made with it. At least, good quality sheets made of it on the low side of a 100$. I tried satin sheets once, and I’m very much ashamed to admit I kept sliding everywhere. So slippery! Flannel, I tried when I lived in the UK. There’s a wet quality in the cold there, something that seeps down and down into your bones, and I’d have tried whatever promised warmth, but I didn’t like it. It made my feet sweaty. I bought a thermal blanket, by the way. Best pounds ever spent. I’m a jersey sheets virgin, so I can’t tell. Seems nice, though.

I love pizza with ...
(I feel like I have to say this before answering: I’m Italian. Like, born and lived there for the first 27 years of my life. Now you’ll understand how some things are not to be taken lightly. Pizza is one of them.) There is one, and one only, real pizza: tomato and mozzarella. To be precise, it’s called Pizza Margherita, named after the Italian Queen Margherita, who rightly elevated it to regal status.

I'm always ready for ...
The beach! It’s easy for me because I live 20 minutes from it, so to us is a lot like a stroll in the park. My son learned how to walk there, how to catch crabs, and I’m a getting tanned-in-every-place-I-can-expose-without-getting-in-trouble Black Belt. Credits for it go to Monica, my sister in law, who taught me years ago how it’s done.



Blurb, HIS MIDNIGHT SUN:

Tormented, fierce, and broken, sculptor Aidan Murphy has judged himself guilty. He yearns for love but pushes everyone away. He longs for acceptance but has lost the key to open his heart. Until he meets Summer Williams. Beautiful and smart, Dr. Williams promises haven for a man who believes he deserves none. All he has to do is let her in and risk his heart and soul.

Summer’s managed to keep her inner light alive, even through tragedy. She’s created a new life for herself and her daughter in Crescent Creek with loving, caring and fun friends–well, except brooding, breathtaking Aidan. She’s used to keeping away from his type, though. All she has to do is ignore the pull of a man who’s turning up to be much more than snarls and storms. Will her compassion and medical instincts let her?

Love can heal a broken soul and shake up a timid heart. Or it can unleash devastation and revenge.

Will Aidan and Summer survive the hurricane?

Excerpt:

Fire.

Fire would eat all.

The simple, brown casket entered the cremation chamber accompanied by the soft crying of the mourners.

A sister. So-called friends. No mother or father in the crowd–a small blessing, as no parent should live to see a son’s death. Even more so when he’d committed suicide. Grabbed a gun, let the black hole of desperation drench his mind and pulled the trigger. The maid said he’d cursed one name right before he ended all: Summer.

Pain and anger rattled through Lilith Chapman. Along with Stephen’s brain, her heart had shattered that day.

Lilith had known she could save him, had always known. With time, she’d have made him forget he’d ever loved anybody but her.

He didn’t give her time.

His sister had pressed him to visit doctors. Depression, she’d called it.

Bullshit.

Love killed Stephen.

Sweet Stephen. A gentle, caring soul who only wanted affection and care. No harsh word ever left his mouth; his hands knew no fists.

With him, Lilith never had to face fear. She knew all about it thanks to her father first, and her deceased husband later. Not with Stephen. Never with him. For the first time in her life, she’d been the strong one, the one leading. Day after day she’d listened to him, to the winnings and the losses of a man who possessed everything. Money, power, a place in society. Not someone to share it with, though. Until, silly man, he’d believed he’d found The One: Doctor Summer Williams. A woman who had left him with a few words and no remorse.

Lilith had heard his heart shatter with a singing soul. With patience, had watched Stephen spiraling down and downer in a place always darker and more desperate. She only had to wait. Once he hit the bottom, he’d realize Summer was not worth it. Stephen would finally open his eyes and see her, Lilith.

At the bottom though, he’d found a gun.

And now she had nothing.

Sure, he’d left money to her, a lot of it, enough she didn’t have to worry about working or anything else anymore. Too bad she didn’t care for it.

She wanted Stephen, but Summer Williams had taken him away forever.

And for that, Lilith would bring tears and blood.

Summer’s tears and blood.

She, Lilith, was going to own his final words of hate, carry on his vengeance and make sure Summer Williams witnessed the crumbling of her world. Everyone she held dear would perish in front of her eyes. And then Lilith could go to him where they would be together. Forever.

“I promise you,” she whispered to the burning casket. “I promise you, love will kill again.”

Release September 15, available for pre-sale
$ 0.99 FREE with KU

Buy Link:

Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GDP26VB?

Author Bio:

Beach bum and country music addicted, Viviana lives in a small Floridian town with her husband and her son, her die-hard fans and personal cheer squad. She spends her days between typing on her beloved keyboard, playing in the pool with her boy, and eating whatever her husband puts on her plate (the guy is that good, and she really loves eating). Besides beaching, she enjoys long walks, horse-riding, hiking, and pretty much whatever she can do outside with her family.


Social Media Links:

Website: http://www.viviana-mackade.blog/

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100011982152461

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ViviMackade

Amazon Author page: https://www.amazon.com/Viviana-MacKade/e/B01KKY6WLQ

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for having me! It was so much fun answering your questions. I'll be around in case readers want to chat–and I do love that!

    ReplyDelete