Sunday, April 28, 2013

Sneak Peak Sunday

Here's six paragraphs from my soon to be released contemporary romance "There Goes the Groom". My heroine Olivia has just had a confrontation with the host of a TV morning show when she tried to make a pass at Tony:
 


“I’m sorry I said those things to you,” Olivia said. “I was unkind and unprofessional.”

Melissa smirked. “Honey, I understand completely. You’re jealous.”

Olivia couldn’t believe her ears. “What?”

“Let’s face it, Olive. You wouldn’t be all steamed up if you weren’t so hot for the good doctor yourself.”

“That’s ridiculous!”

“Really?”  Melissa gave her a mocking smile. “I don’t blame you, Olive. He is one fine specimen of manhood.” She lifted Olivia’s left hand. “Oh, but what’s this I see?  An engagement ring? Oh, that must be frustrating for you. Here you are, working with this gorgeous hunk of man, but you can’t touch him because you’re engaged. And someone like you would insist on being loyal. Much like a Labrador Retriever.”  She sighed dramatically. “I pity you, really I do.”
 
"There Goes the Groom", the second book in my Left at the Altar series, releases May 17th.
 


To read an excerpt, blurb and reviews of the first book in the series, "Her Best Man" please check it out at my website.
To read more terrific sneak peaks, please go to http://sneak-peek-sunday.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment